These my superb chocolate slices for all tea parties. It is easy to make on the first try and delicious to eat at the same time. I had always loved eating slices so when I tried it myself it tasted like the one from the bakery. Enjoy!
1½ cups of self-raising flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa
¾ cup of desiccated coconut
½ cup of caster sugar
120 grams of butter
1 tin of caramel
1 cup of milk chocolate
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Melt butter, beat egg well.
- Add both to dry ingredients.
- Mix well then press into a slice tin.
- Bake 10-15 minutes in a moderate oven.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- While warm add caramel and cut.
- Melt dark chocolate.
- Pour melted chocolate on cooled slice base.
- Finally divide into cut again on the same cut lines